Here you find a selection of our self drive tours in Brazil.
Rental Car Category C: GM Onix 1.0 or similar
5 passengers, 5-door hatchback, manual transmission, air conditioning, hydraulic steering wheel, electric windows, electric door lock, ABS, airbag
Rental Car Category GX: Jeep Renegade Sport 1.8 or similar
5 passengers, 5-door hatchback, automatic transmission, air conditioning, hydraulic steering wheel, electric windows, electric door lock, ABS, airbag
When booking a rental car, both insurance against damage to the rental car and insurance against damage to third parties are included as standard.
The insurance against damage to the rental car covers the rental car and rented accessories in the event of theft, robbery, fire and accidents.
Irrespective of the cause of the damage and the question of fault, the renter pays a deductible for damage caused by robbery or theft.
These are limited to the following maximum amounts for the respective rental car classes:
Rental car classes: A, B, BK, C, CE, CK, CS and CW: R$ 6,000
Rental car classes: F, FA, FH, FK, FS, FW, FX, GC and GK R$ 9,000
Rental car classes: G, GW, GX, R, RX, U, UF, V, VP and W R$ 12,000
Rental car classes: BE, BZ, FE, GD, GP, GR, GS, J, L, LD, LE, LK, LW, LX, M, N, NX, Q, SD, T, TG, US and VD R$ 18,000
Rental car classes: LP, P and SV R$ 27,000
The insurance against damage to third parties (Responsabilidade Civil Facultativa - Veículos) covers the renter for bodily injury to third parties up to a maximum of R$ 200,000, for material damage to third parties up to a maximum of R$ 100,000, and for immaterial damage to third parties up to a maximum of R$ 10,000.
In the event of material damage to third parties, the renter must pay the "operational costs" of a maximum of R$ 1,000 to the rental company if the renter is responsible for the damage.
- The renter must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license issued no less than 2 years before the date of rental, and be able to drive the rented car according to the current regulations.
- The customer may specify other drivers who meet the same requirements at the time of vehicle pickup. Additional costs incurred must be paid up front.
- A security deposit of seven times the daily rate for the respective car group will be placed on hold on the renter's credit card. This amount will be released when the car is returned. If other accessories such as a GPS device are rented, further deposits will be held on the credit card. Important: The credit card used must be in the name of the registered driver.
- For an additional charge, a GPS device can be booked at the rental car company. In many cases this is a smartphone with a navigation app installed. You are also welcome to bring your own GPS device or smartphone with navigation app. Please note that roaming charges may apply. To prevent problems in dead zones, we recommend that you download the necessary maps in advance.
- The conditions of the car rental company at the time of pickup apply.