Experience Sao Luis and Lencois Maranhenses close-up 5 Days Travel Package Brazil Lencois Maranhenses
Visit one of the natural highlights of Brazil: Lencois Maranhenses National Park. This dune landscape spreads like an endless bed sheet in front of you. That‘s actually the name of this paradise: the portuguese word „lencois“ means sheets. Visit the colonial town of Sao Luis and enjoy a jeep tour into Lencois Maranhenses National Park and a boat tour on Rio Preguicas.
Day 1: Sao Luis / Arrival and city tour
On arrival in Sao Luis you will be welcomed at the airport and taken to your accommodation. Then you will have a little time to freshen up after the journey before you start an approximately 3-hour long city tour. You will walk to explore the car-free historic center of town of Sao Luis which offers a trip back in time with its 3,000 buildings from the colonial period. The tour will take you through small, winding streets to hidden squares and parks. Sao Luis is also the capital of the "Nordestino-Reggae". If you shall be interested, your guide can recommend a nice music bar for the evening. (Sightseeing depends on the arrival time in Sao Luis).
Overnight: Casa Lavinia or similar / Meals: -
Day 2: Sao Luis - Barreirinhas / 4x4 Pick-up tour of the Lencois
You will start the morning accompanied by your guide with a group transfer to Barreirinhas, the gateway to the Lencois Maranhenses. The route is about 300 kilometres which will take you about 4 hours. When you arrive at Barreirinhas, you will first have to check in at your accommodation and then it will be time for lunch (not included). Your guide will choose the best time in the afternoon to leave for your private tour, thus avoiding big tourist groups. After 1 hour driving in a private 4x4 vehicle on the sand tracks with breathtaking views you will arrive. Here you can walk around freely to see what lies behind the dunes and enjoy a refreshing swim in the natural pools between the sand dunes. Later you will enjoy a spectacular sunset in an unforgettable landscape. After the sunset you will head back to Barreirinhas.
Overnight: Pousada do Buriti or similar | Meals included: Breakfast
Day 3: Barreirinhas - Atins / boat tour on the Rio Preguicas
Your destination for the day will be the small fishing village of Atins, which lies exactly at the delta of the Rio Preguicas and is surrounded by beautiful desert beaches. Afterwards you, along with your guide will take a private speed boat north on the river Rio Preguicas. You will stop in Vassouras, Mandacaru and Cabure. There will be free time in Cabure to discover the area. Later you will reach Atins. You will spend a relaxing afternoon in this remote area, the apparent 'end of the world'.
Overnight: Pousada Irmao Atins or similar | Meals included: Breakfast
Day 4: Atins - Barreirinhas - Sao Luis / beaches and boat tour
The morning is free for your leisure. You can enjoy the beaches or take a walk in the dunes. We also offer an optional trip to any lagoon that is particularly attractive during your time of travel (not included). In the afternoon you take a private boat back to Barreirinhas. Around 16:30pm you will take a group transfer back to Sao Luis, where you will arrive around 21 to 22pm at your accommodation. Then it will be time to say goodbye to your guide and afterwards you will have the rest of the evening to enjoy the city of Sao Luis or relax.
Overnight: Casa Lavinia or similar | Meals included: Breakfast
Day 5: Sao Luis / return or onward travel
Depending on your flight time you will be taken to the airport.
Meals included: Breakfast
- Airport transfer upon arrival with driver, no guide
- City tour on foot (about 3 hours) in English
- 2 nights with breakfast in a double room at the Casa Lavinia (or similar accommodation)
- 1 night stay with breakfast in a standard double room at Pousada do Buriti (or similar accommodation)
- 1 night with breakfast in a standard double room in the simple Pousada Irmao Atins (or similar accommodation)
- Private English-speaking tour guide from Days 2 to 4
- Private Day trips with your tour guide
- All transfers as described in the program
- Airport transfer upon departure (without guide, only driver)
- Optional meals or excursions are not included in the price.
- When arriving late in Sao Luis the city tour cannot take place.
- The program can also be done without a guide. Please note then that the local guides do not speak English very well. There might also occur long waiting periods during group tours depending on the quantity of other guests.
- The program can also be shortened or extended depending on your request.
- The best time to visit the Lencois Maranhenses is from June to October. The lagoons are mostly full of water and there is almost no rain. December to February are not good months for this tour. In November and December the water level in the lagoons drops. In January and February it rains very often and the lagoons are slowly filled with water. In March and April it can rain very often. The lagoons have a higher level of water. The lagoons may dry out by August after a rain period with little rainfall. When plenty of rain falls in the rain period the water in the lagoons may stay up to December.
Discover Rio de Janeiro, the fascinating city at the foot of the Sugarloaf Mountain. Visit the world's most beautiful waterfalls in Foz do Iguazu, from both the Brazilian and the Argentinian side. Experience the Amazon Rainforest up close and relax on the dream beach of Imbassai.
The ideal trip for animal and nature lovers. Nature Paradise Brazil begins in Amazonas, where you can explore the flora and fauna of the rainforest on boat trips and on hikes. Afterwards you can experience the flora and fauna in the Pantanal by boat, horse and on foot. The last part of your trip will take you to Foz do Iguazu. Here you can enjoy the power and beauty of the gigantic waterfalls You will spend the second part of your journey in Pantanal. Over here in this nature paradise, discover the world of indigenous plants and animals, on foot, by boat, or on horseback. Some of the accommodation has been tailored to accommodate families. It may not be all that luxurious but it is comfortable. The final part of your journey takes you to Foz do Iguazu, in Southern Brazil. Here you can marvel at the power and beauty of the giant waterfalls in the three-country corner of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay.
The Beach Village is a time-share complex located in an area that covers over 50,000 m2 of greenery on the beachfront of Praia do Rosa (literally translated as Rose's Beach), one of the most beautiful beaches off Santa Catarina's. The villa is located only 50 to 100 meters away from the beach.