Turtle Lodge is located in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest 62 miles (100 kilometers) southeast of Manaus in the Mamori region. This eco-tourism lodge has amazing surroundings rich in flora and fauna and will provide you with the opportunity to have a closer look at life in the Amazon Rainforest. On various excursions, such as boat trips and nature hikes, all guided by an English-speaking guide, you will get to know the people and nature of this region firsthand.
We offer the following Travel Packages at Amazon Turtle Lodge
Inaugurated in December 2010, Turtle Lodge is located in the Mamori River region on the shores of Turtle Lake, about 62 miles (100 kilometers) southeast of Manaus, and is especially recommended for guests who want to get to know the pristine Amazon. During a stay at Turtle Lodge you will experience people and life in the Amazon very intimately.
How to get there: An English-speaking guide will pick up travelers at around 8:00 a.m. from their hotels in Manaus or from the airport. You will reach the Amazon Turtle Lodge in about 3.5 hours.
At first, a land transfer will take you to Porto Ceasa, where you will cross to the other side to Careiro da Varzea. During the crossing you will see the famous “meeting of the waters,” the confluence of the Rio Solimoes and the Rio Negro.
At Careiro da Varzea a van awaits you to drive via Manaus-Porto Velho highway to a port at Mamori River. Finally, you will take a motor boat to arrive to Turtle Lodge just before midday.
The 21 bungalows of Turtle Lodge are divided into four categories: Standard Bungalow with fan, Standard Bungalow with air conditioning, Masonry Chalet, and Superior Bungalow. The bungalows are partly built of wood and partly of stone, have single or double beds, and are equipped with private bathrooms (some with cold water showers only, others with simple hot water showers). All rooms are tastefully decorated with typical regional furniture and offer a porch or a terrace.
Other amenities include a restaurant with a panoramic view of the green landscape, a bar and hammocks to relax in, a floating pier with canoes, and Wi-Fi in the restaurant area.
Check-in from 12:00 noon | Checkout until 12:00 noon.
- All transfers detailed above
- Daily lodge excursions (in-group with an English-speaking guide)
- Overnight accommodations in bungalows or chalets
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Not included are airfare, insurance, beverages, meals not indicated in the itinerary, tips, and personal expenses.
- The itinerary may be adjusted due to weather conditions and animal abundance on site. Animal sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that your luggage for the lodge should not exceed 44 lbs (20 kg) per person. The rest of your luggage can be stored temporarily at the local office in Manaus.
- Additional lodge visitors can join the day trips and the transfers to / from Amazon Turtle Lodge. However, this does not have to be the case.
Credit cards are not accepted at the lodge. Please bring some cash for additional beverages/drinks at the bar and restaurant.
We had a very good time...